Sunday 27 January 2013

Do you have a constant lamp in your journey?

Have you heard that song?  "Thy word is the lamb unto my feet and the light unto my path."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93019965@N00/
Beautiful song. Today, the Church celebrates BIBLE SUNDAY.  

I could still remember when I was a kid.  I always received an award for perfect attendance during the whole month of May Flores de Mayo.  Our chapel catechist was an excellent teacher.  Although I encountered many teachers from elementary to post graduate studies, no one can beat my non-professional teacher, our chapel catechist.  She was just so effective that we really looked forward for the Bible lessons as part of the Flores de Mayo activity.  I could still remember her using a picture Bible.  That was the only one in our place.

As a young kid, I was very familiar with stories in the Bible so much so that I don't anymore pay attention to the Sunday readings at our chapel because I know already the story.  

Fast forward, after more than 30 years, I could still remember those stories.  The Word of God has so much impact in my life that I became an altar boy until high school.  I entered the religious formation and became a brother.  When I left the convent, I continued to work as a director of the Campus Ministry Office.  The Word of God has become part of my life both personal and professional.  Even when I teach non-religious subjects, I still inculcate about God, about Jesus.  Where did I learn knowledge?  The Bible.

The Word of God has been the lamp in my journey.  It has guided me in my most difficult moments.  I might not be a regular reader but I make it sure to go to Church every Sunday to listen to His words.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29968788@N00/
Friends, get your Bible. Open, read, study  and pray over it.

"Other books were given for our information,  the BIBLE was given for our transformation"- The Defender.

May your dreams be blessed.

Randy T


No comments:

Post a Comment