There are lessons I learned from this kind of plant.
1. Symbol of Beauty. Though they are small plants, they are beautiful. Indeed, they are good inside the house or buildings. It's so nice to see these plants adorning the office, room or building. In other words, they add beauty and glamour.
On the other hand, we can also learn from this plant when it comes to growth. By their nature, Bonsai plants don't grow big. Even how much water or fertilizer you put, they will never grow big. That's their nature.
Sometimes, we also have that mentality of being contented and don't want to grow.
In the gospel of talents, Jesus was telling us to use our resources or talents to be shared or multiplied. He wants us to grow and to share our blessings to others.
For those who are caught in a negative Bonsai mentality, check yourself with the following questions:
1. Are you willing to grow from the your present status now?
2. Do you want to take a risk in your life?
3. Do you want to get out from your comfort zone?
4. Do you want to have a paradigm shift?
5. Do you want to get outside of the box?
Or, you can do the following:
1. Check out your dreams. Do you have a clear dream in life?
2. Check outside the window. Look for opportunities for growth.
3. Check on your potentials. Know what gifts, skills and talents God has given you.
From the lessons we learned from the about Bonsai plants, check these questions:
1. How do you show your beauty? Are you making people relaxed and inspired seeing your beauty (whether physical or spiritual)?
In our gospel today (Matthew 10:16-25), Jesus sent his disciples to do missionary work. The sending was quite scary. "
|16 Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.|
|17||Beware of men; for they will deliver you up to councils, and flog you in their synagogues,|
We can only become genuine disciples of Jesus if we also learn from the lessons of the Bonsai plants. Again, as Christian missionaries we cannot just remain inside or just remain static. By virtue of our baptism, we are called to grow and become missionaries just like how Jesus made his disciples as missionaries in today's gospel.
May your dreams be blessed.